Wine Wed: Cat Amongst the Pigeons
Rosedale Wines has been able to create strong identifiable brands, in particular the Cat Amongst the Pigeons series, by combining tradition with new thinking. Their vision is oh so simple: to become a national and international brand recognized for its premium quality wines at affordable prices.
The grapes for this wine come from the Barossa Valley, a region of Australia which instantly sets the stage for some of the best Shiraz grapes in the world. With its rich soils and Mediterranean style climate, the result is red wines with rich character. And let’s not forget about the Grenache portion of the blend which comes from 120 year old Grenache vines!!
Sam’s 7 answers to common questions:
1. What is the varietal? Shiraz/Grenache
2. Where is the winery located? Barossa Valley, Australia
3. Can you describe the flavour of the wine? An assortment of light cherry, fresh plum and spice with a long finish.
4. What does this wine add to the Cactus wine list? Another fun and approachable (yet still serious) Shiraz blend from our Aussie friends.
5. Which Cactus menu item does this wine pair with? 7oz Blackened Creole Sirloin
6. Glass or Bottle? By the glass
7. Describe this wine in 3 words or less: Yummy, fruit forward
See you next Wednesday,