10,000 friends on Facebook!
Wow. This is incredible. We just surpassed 10,000 fans on Facebook! We wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that has played a part in getting the page to this point, whether you a regular/occasional guest, BP or alumni that is part of the page.
It is more important now to understand what the community would like to see more or less of from this page in the future. Feel free to post comment on the Facebook wall, leave a comment here on this post, or email me directly at danelow[at]cactusclubcafe[dot]com.
Top 10 moments (in no particular order) that happened during the journey to 10,000:
- Olympics: Gold medal Guess the Score Game – 25 people guessed the score of that monumentous game – each receiving a $25 gift card. Our guests were also able to take a picture with the torch. We are very proud to be a company from Vancouver.
- Created this blog with awesome contributions from Dan Murphy, design, the test kitchen, the wine guy Sam, Chef Feenie and many others.
- Raised $20,000 with our guests for the Red Cross with government matching in the after shock of the Haiti earthquakes. We also were extremely proud to support employees who went to Haiti to provide aid.
- Secured the amazing English Bay location.
- First official post on Facebook was on August 18th, 2008 – nearly 2 years ago!
- Gave away Canucks Playoff tickets and Gift Cards during their run
- Our Facebook friends gave input and were the first to know about new menu items when they rolled out company wide.
- Disproved the sentiment that “there is no such thing as a free lunch“
- Were able to Ask Chef Feenie Anything
- Were visited by many awesome celebrities like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Conan O’Brien, the Canucks and more.
Remember to suggest us to your friends, if you like how we roll.
Patty Bird is our 10,000th friend on Facebook! Congratulations Patty, email your mailing address to blog[at]cactusclubcafe[dot]com to collect your prize!
Again, thank you! We are extremely excited to be part of such a great community.