Wine Wednesday: Antano Rioja
Bodegas Antaño is one of the best known wineries in Spain. Rioja is considered to be Spain’s most important fine wine producing region with a climate that is temperate because of its proximity to the Atlantic and Mediterranean sea.
This wine is a blend of Tempranillo (regarded as the number one native variety in Spain) and Garnacha (or Grenache—which is the most widely planted variety).
Here are 7 commonly asked questions about this wine:
- Where is the winery located? Rioja, Spain
- What is the Varietal? Tempranilla, Garnacha, Mazuelo and Graciano
- Can you describe the flavour of the wine? Light bodied, easy-drinking with subtle fruit and spice characteristics.
- What does this wine add to the Cactus wine list? A by-the-glass Rioja at a very attractive price.
- Which Cactus menu item does this wine pair with? Spaghettini
- Glass or Bottle? By the glass
- Describe this wine in 3 words: Charming table wine
Come down, give it a try and let us know what you think!