6 Things You’ll Love About the New Cactus in Downtown Calgary
Cactus Club Cafe and Calgary have a long history together, and a bright future together. But there’s nothing like the present as we celebrate the opening of our breath-taking new restaurant on Stephen Avenue, in the heart of downtown.
Here are six reasons Calgary is going to love Cactus on Stephen Ave:
1. The Location – Situated on the corner of Stephen Ave and 3rd St SW, this is a spot that is easy to get to no matter how you travel, or what your plans. This will be locals’ new go-to spot for every occasion: business lunches and dinners, date nights, watching the game, drinks with friends, and the perfect urban weekend escape.
2. The Space – In true Cactus style, we have obsessed about every last detail in this restaurant from the beautiful, warm and modern design to the featured artwork by Andy Warhol, Brent Comber and Mr Brainwash. The result is a feast for the eyes in every direction, including the architectural wood ceiling and the hand cut oak feature wall.
3. The Staff – The Stephen Ave staff already have the kind of team that usually takes years to create. This group enjoys extensive experience within its culinary and service ranks, and they have trained relentlessly so our food and service is second to none, right from Day 1.
4. The Lounge – This restaurant has been designed to offer multiple unique concepts under one roof and the lounge is going to be a favourite place to linger. Here, DJs will provide the soundtrack as guests enjoy a beautiful oak bar, lit by a striking installation of Omer Arbel Bocci lights. Come patio season, the walls will open on both the south and west sides of the restaurant to a 1300 square foot wrap-around patio.
5. The Weekends – Weekdays will be lively at Cactus on Stephen Ave, but weekends promise to be just as fun. Hockey and football fans can come to watch the game on our many TVs, or drop in before going to see it live. Theatre-goers will also want to fuel up or wind down after the show. And the rest of Calgary will need no excuse to come enjoy a relaxed lunch or dinner and one of our legendary Cactus cocktails.
6. The Food – Designed by Chef Rob Feenie, the menu at Cactus Club Cafe on Stephen Ave presents an array of classic dishes and upscale signature items, each inspired by global cuisine and made with local, fresh ingredients. Don’t miss the latest Cactus culinary hit: Rob’s Crispy Chicken Sandwich.
Need we say more?
Come visit us. We’re ready, waiting, and very excited to be here.