5 reasons why you should try a Negroni
1. This drink has style: With its ruby red colour, it’s a beautiful and alluring drink that prompts people to ask: what’s that you’re drinking?
2. The flavour is addictive: A little bit sweet, a little bit bitter and more than a little bit boozy. Made with Gordon’s Dry Gin, Campari and sweet vermouth, garnished with fresh orange – it’s a perfectly balanced drink. “The bitters are excellent for your liver, the gin is bad for you. They balance each other.” – said acclaimed actor and director Orson Welles.
3. Delicious before a meal: The Negroni is an apéritif, making it the perfect drink to order before a meal, as its dryness stimulates the appetite – and we can take care of that too.
4. It’s a classic: The Negroni was invented in Italy back in 1919 when a wealthy Florentine named Count Camillo Negroni suggested to his bartender that he add gin to his Americano (the cocktail), rather than soda water. Today it’s enjoyed the world over, but most importantly, the Negroni is a drink that is always appropriate to order – no matter what the occasion.
5. The ‘IT’ cocktail: It’s the most popular cocktail in fashionable Milan and according to Condé Nast Traveler – it’s the ‘IT’ cocktail of the decade: “The Negroni is to this decade what the cosmopolitan was to the ’90s—a zeitgeist-defining cocktail that’s as beloved as it is ubiquitous.”
Now you know why we love a good Negroni. Come to Cactus Club Cafe and enjoy one for yourself.